HAI annually produces HAI HELI-EXPO, the world’s largest vertical lift trade show. As an HAI member, you’ll save 30% on registration, making Expo a convenient, affordable way to learn about the civilian industry and begin building your network.
One active-duty serviceman who attended Expo described it as “the most beneficial and fruitful career step I’ve made as a professional pilot.”
In September 2017, attendee registration opened for HAI HELI-EXPO 2018, which will be held in Las Vegas Feb. 26– Mar. 1 (exhibits open Feb. 27–Mar. 1). In addition to seeing more than 50 aircraft on the show floor and the latest technology from 700+ vendors, you’ll be able to:
- Visit the HFI Helicopter Industry Career Fair, where industry firms are looking for people just like you. Attendance is FREE, but registration is required.
- Attend a Rotor Safety Challenge safety education session. Past sessions have covered topics ranging from fuel handling to autorotations to pilots’ legal responsibilities. And attendance is FREE to registered HAI HELI-EXPO attendees.
- Discover what military aviators — both pilots and maintainers — should be doing now to prepare for a career in civil aviation after retirement or ETS at the Military to Civilian Transition Workshop. Attendance is FREE but a separate registration is required.
- Learn more about the helicopter industry hiring process for pilots at the Heli-Success Career Development Seminar. This seminar is part of the HAI Professional Education program at HAI HELI-EXPO; a separate registration fee is required.
- Take advantage of your trip to Las Vgas and take an HAI Professional Education course. Taught by leading industry experts and helicopter specific, these courses offer you the opportunity to refresh critical skills or learn new ones in career development, maintenance management, operations management, pilot skill, and safety management. These courses require a separate registration fee.
- Participate in the annual HAI Honors the Military Photo Call. Join HAI President and CEO Matt Zuccaro and all other active-duty, reserve, and veteran service members for a group photo.
- Attend one of the HFI Mentoring Panels for pilots, maintainers, or students seeking to know more about jobs in the vertical aviation industry.
In addition to these events and more, you’ll have plenty of networking opportunities. In fact, networking is the No. 1 reason why people come to HAI HELI-EXPO. Make this your year to get to know the civilian vertical lift industry. And check out these HAI HELI-EXPO networking tips for pilots and maintainers planning their military-to-civilian transition.